Rags to Riches
Autumn Term 1
- As Writers we will be using rich language to write detailed character descriptions of Cinderella. We will be immersing ourselves into the story to produce our own persuasive text.
- As Readers we will be reading a variety of fiction texts including ‘Cinderella’ and ‘Prince Cinders’. In addition, we will be exploring a range of literature to support our writing outcomes.
- As Mathematicians we will be building on our existing Maths knowledge. We will also be exploring many different strategies and methods to find out what works best for each of us as individual and independent learners.
- As Scientists we will be learning about living things and their habitats. We will be using many skills including exploring, comparing, identifying and expanding our scientific vocabulary.
- As Historians we will be discussing the lives of significant people from the past who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- As Geographers we will be focussing on map reading. We will be learning how to read co-ordinates and use maps and atlases. We will also have the opportunity to use the orienteering course around the school.
- As Artists and Designers we will be using pointillism to create settings from Cinderella.