Out of this world!
Autumn Term 2
In Year 2 we are reading Man on the Moon (a day in the life of Bob). We are going to be learning about space! We hope this will inspire and motivate us as learners in these areas:
- As Writers we will be using persuasive language to write a persuasive letter to Bob. We will retell some of the story using our story map and actions to help with ideas. We will use our senses and fantastic imaginations to write some brilliant space themed poetry.
- As Readers we will be reading Man on the Moon (a day in the life of Bob). We will really get to know the main character ‘Bob’ and try to understand what he thinks about aliens! We will immerse ourselves in the literature to support our writing outcomes.
- As Mathematicians we will be building on our existing Maths knowledge. We will also be exploring many different strategies and methods to find out what works best for each of us as individual and independent learners. We will be focusing on problem solving and being able to explain what we did and how we did it.
- As Scientists we will continue to learn about living things and their habitats. We will be using many skills including exploring, comparing, identifying and expanding our scientific vocabulary.
- As Historians we will be researching and finding out about the significant historical figure; Neil Armstrong. We will be using Ipads and books to research the first steps on the moon and create fact files.
- As Artists and Designers we will be studying the surface of the moon and the different textures, shapes and patterns we can see. We will make a collagraph printing plate and experiment with printing techniques. We will continue to expand our artistic vocabulary.