In Year 3 we are exploring Amazing Inventions through Roald Dahl’s novel ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.’ We hope this will inspire and motivate us as learners in these areas:
- As Writers, we will be writing a newspaper article giving information about the day of the visit to the factory. We will also be writing a character description of Willy Wonka and a diary entry in the role of Charlie about his fantastic day in the factory!
- As Readers, we will be reading Roald Dahl’s ‘Charlie and the chocolate factory’ and many non-fiction articles about the famous inventions.
- As Mathematicians, we will continue learning about fractions. We will also be focussing on telling time and solving word problems involving time.
- As Scientists, we will be exploring Forces and Magnets.
- As Historians, we will be exploring and investigating the fascinating life of the Anglo-Saxons.
- As Geographers, we will seek to understand human geography, including: types of settlement and land use, economic activity including trade links, and the distribution of natural resources
- As Artists and Designers, we will make Anglo- Saxon armour and settlements using many different resources.
- As Theologians, we will be looking into Hinduism and exploring how Hindus worship.
- As Computer Scientists, we will be using Storyjumper to create digital story books.