Spring Term 1
Secrets of Nature
- As Readers, we will be reading The Goldfish Boy by Lisa Thompson. We will immerse ourselves in the literature to support our writing outcomes.
- As Writers, we will be using rich language to write character profiles and diary entries. We will also be writing a letter recounting our trip to Chislehurst Caves.
- As Mathematicians, we will be exploring calculation strategies to strengthen our understanding of multiplication and division. We will be adding and subtracting amounts of money to give change. We will also be learning how to interpret and present data using bar charts, pictograms, and tables.
- As Scientists, we will be investigating animals including humans. We will be identifying that animals, including humans, need the right types and amount of nutrition, and that they cannot make their own food. We will also investigate how they get nutrition from what they eat.
- As Historians, we will continue to investigate the changes in Britain from the Stone Age through to the Iron Age. We will be investigating the major changes which took place during these periods of change focussing on the Iron Age.
- As Geographers, we will be exploring our local area and looking for physical features to identify. We will then compare human and physical features within our local area.
- As Artists and Designers, we will be sketching scenes and landscapes of our local area. We will also be exploring water colour based paints to paint sceneries.
- As Theologians, we will be exploring Buddhism and looking at the major principles which underpin the religion.
- As Computer Scientists, we will learn to design, write, and debug programs that accomplish specific goals. We will also be using Storyjumper to create digital story books.