Autumn Term 2
In Year 3 we are exploring cunning creatures through the fantastic adaptation of the traditional fairy tale ‘The Frog Prince’ and ‘The Frog Prince Continued’. We hope this will inspire and motivate us as learners in these areas:
As Writers, we will be using rich language to retell the stories in great detail. We will use our fantastic imaginations to hot seat each other as we pretend to play the cunning creatures. We will be writing our own version of the stories. For our non-fiction writing, we will be writing an instruction manual on ‘How to catch a frog.’
- As Readers, we will be reading the Frog Prince by the Brothers Grimm and the Frog Prince Continued by Jon Sciezska. We will immerse ourselves in the literature to support our writing outcomes.
- As Mathematicians, we will continue exploring calculation strategies to strengthen our understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- As Scientists, we will be investigating the formation of rocks and fossils by exploring their characteristics and unique properties. We will also explore the types of soil.
- As Historians, we will be stepping back in time, to investigate the changes in Britain from the Stone Age through to the Iron Age. We will be investigating the major changes which took place during these periods of change.
- As Geographers, we will be locating and naming continents and focussing on the countries of Europe. We will also be naming capital cities as well as exploring the human and physical features of these places.
- As Artists and Designers, we will be creating tools used in the Bronze Age and Iron Age using collage materials. We will also be sketching continents and making a mosaic of the world map.