Spring Term 2
Rise of the Romans
In Year 3 we are exploring the Rise of the Romans through Jim Eldridge’s novel ‘My Story: Roman Invasion.’ We hope this will inspire and motivate us as learners in these areas:
- As Writers we will be using rich language to write non-chronological reports about the extraordinary Romans. We will also spend time looking at all the features of leaflets to produce our very own leaflets on visiting the Roman exhibition at the Museum of London.
- As Readers we will be reading Jim Eldridge’s novel ‘My Story: Roman Invasion’ and many non-fiction books about the Romans.
- As Mathematicians we will be focussing on measuring lengths using different units of measurement such as m, cm and mm. We will be converting measurements into different units using our calculation skills. After this we will move onto looking at money problems.
- As Scientists we will be looking at Forces and Magnets and comparing how things move on different surfaces. We will observe that some forces need contact between 2 objects but magnetic forces can act at a distance. We will also carry out lots of investigations to predict whether magnets will attract.
- As Historians we will be exploring and investigating the fascinating life of the Romans. We will be studying the Roman Empire and its impact on Britain.
- As Artists and Designers we will make Roman shields and armour using many different resources.As Geographers we will seek to understand geographical similarities and differences through the study of human and physical geography of a region of the United Kingdom a region in a European country, and a region within North or South America Human and physical geography.
- As Philosophers we will be looking into Buddhism in more depth and investigating the life of the Buddha.